The Superb Song is the Symphogear systems strongest, most explosive attack, it is normally used while the user is in a critical situation. The Symphogear is not enough to reduce the backfire or load on the body, even if the body has been enhanced. It is a trump card, a double-edged sword. However, because of the large amounts of phonic energy, any disharmony between the Symphogear and its user will result in damage to their body, and potentially the destruction of the Symphogear itself if their compatibility is low enough. Kanade Amou died due to having low compatibility and from not taking LiNKER the day of the concert for various reasons involving the Nehushtan experiment. Serena Cadenzavna Eve died from using the Superb Song incorrectly as Tsubasa had, and getting crushed by rubble. In all likeliness if she hadn't been crushed by rubble she would have survived as Tsubasa did if she got taken care of. An overdose of LiNKER can be used to mitigate the damage from a Superb Song by temporarily raising compatibility rate to a high enough value that the damage is minimal.
The damage inflicted by the Superb Song is determined by the compatibility coefficients, if the coefficient of compatibility is high, less damage will be done. Even though Chris Yukine and Tsubasa Kazanari are recognized as compatible with their relics it is not possible to negate all the damage done by the Superb Song, it depends on the body, it also depends on if they use it correctly.
Hibiki Tachibana can completely nullify the damage from another Symphogear's Superb Song by channeling it through her S2CA Tri Burst technique, shouldering the burden on herself due to her extreme compatibility making it much easier for her to bear. This can also be used when fighting other Gears by absorbing the energy from their Superb Song when they attempt to use it against her.
Originally, the Superb Song is supposed to be emitted through the armed gear to enhance the operational efficiency of energy and negate the damage done by the Superb Song. Furthermore, there is a characteristic of each Symphogear's Superb Song, that needs the user to use an extended armed gear.
Gatrandis babel ziggurat edenal
Emustolronzen Finé el baral zizzl
Gatrandis babel ziggurat edenal
Emustolronzen Finé el zizzl
Before the official confirmation of the name, there has been some other names for the Superb Song:
- Swan Song — used by fansubs.
- Ultimate Song — used by Funimation's official subs.
- Climax Song — used by Crunchyroll's official subs.
- All superb songs are available in the soundtrack albums for season one, G, and GX.
- Kanade's superb song is titled "Takaku Kanaderu Ashita no Shirabe" (高く奏でる明日の調べ? "Sing Highly of Tomorrow's Tune")
- Tsubasa's superb song is titled "Senjō ni Hana Sakihokoru" (戦場に刃鳴裂き誇る? "My Sword Cries of My Rended Pride on the Battlefield")
- Chris' superb song is titled "Tsuki no Shita, Inochi wa Awaku Yuki no Yō ni" (月の下、命は淡く雪のように? "Under the Moon, Life is as Fleeting as Snow")
- Hibiki's superb song is titled "Mune ni Hibiki, Itsuka Sekai ni Michiru Made" (胸に響き、いつか世界に満ちるまで? "The Sound of My Heart will Someday Fill the World")
- Hibiki, Tsubasa, and Chris' triple superb song is titled "Senki Zesshō (ver.Tri-Burst)" (戦姫絶唱 (ver.Tri-Burst)? "Superb Song of the Valkyries (ver.Tri-Burst)")
- Serena's superb song is titled "Hito no Yume, Sayokyoku wa Hoshi no Mabataki" (ヒトの夢、小夜曲は星の瞬き? "The Dreams of People are a Serenade of Blinking Stars")
- Shirabe and Kirika's dual superb song is titled "Watashi no Zenbu, Kimi ni Sasagete Shirabe Utau" (ワタシの全部、キミに捧げて調べ歌う? "I Dedicate All of Myself to You with this Song")
- The superb song for all six Symphogear users is titled "Senjō no Himemiko, Taezu Inochi wo Utaiageru" (戦場の姫巫女、絶えず命を唱いあげる? "The Noble Maidens on the Battlefield Sing of Constant Life")
- Maria and Miku are the only Symphogear users to not have separate superb songs (excepting Shirabe and Kirika who are treated as a single unit). Miku is also the only Symphogear user who has never sung a superb song at all.