月読 調 Tsukuyomi Shirabe
|Anime||Senki Zesshō Symphogear G Episode #1
|Game||Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited
|Eye Color||Light pink
Yellow (When Possessed by Finé)
Shirabe Tsukuyomi (月読 調 Tsukuyomi Shirabe?) is one of the main characters that first appeared in Symphogear G. It is revealed in Episode 12 that she is the true reincarnation of Finé, instead of Maria or Kirika.
Shirabe (調?) - Means "Tune" in Japanese.
Tsukuyomi (月読?) - Means "Moon Reading" in Japanese. It is also short for the name of the Shinto moon god, Tsukuyomi no Mikoto.
Shirabe has light pink eyes with long, straight black hair in a hime cut. Her hair is held in two pig-tails tied with pink ribbons. She is most often seen wearing a pink and black long sleeved dress with dark pink stockings and black boots. When briefly possessed by Finé, she gains her distinctive catlike eyes.
Shirabe is very silent and calm, to the point of emotionless. However, this is most likely a facade to hide how deeply she cares for her teammates, as during her fight against Kirika in Season 2, Episode 12 she said that she wouldn't want a world without Kirika, and the few people who were saved using the methods Dr. Ver planned to use would doubtless feel the same way.
Shirabe made a debut, along with Kirika Akatsuki.
Shirabe and the heroines are set to return. Now Shirabe and Kirika attend the same school as Hibiki and her friends.
Attacks and Abilities
Fallian Shul Shagana tron
Shirabe owns the Relic Shul Shagana. As a candidate for the Symphogear, she has the ability to fight Noise with the use of the anti-Noise armour that clads her in battle. However, she requires LiNKER to do so.
Her Armed Gear is unusual in that it is not hand-carried, but rather consists of buzz saw discs of varying sizes hidden in the rabbit ear-like compartments on her head. In addition to this, Shirabe's boots each contain a buzz saw-like wheel which she can use as roller blades. As of the third season, her arsenal has been augmented with a pair of razor blade yo-yos, and even the skirt on her armor has been shown to be capable of being used as a buzzsaw..
As one of Finé's decendents Shirabe is able to form barriers called "Asgard" as a means of protection. However, this ability was most likely lost when Finé sacrificed her soul to prevent Shirabe from dying of a fatal wound.
- Alpha Style 100 Rebirths - Hundreds of small saw blades are fired from Shirabe's compartments.
- Gamma Style Infinite Firewheels - Shirabe's compartments unfold into a pair of waldo arms each ending in one massive buzz saw capable of being used as a shield. These buzz saws can be launched as much larger versions of Alpha Style 100 Rebirths' projectile. Almost all of Shirabe's other attacks extend from this one.
- Reverse Gamma Style Reckless Infinite Strike - A doubled version of Gamma Style Infinite Firewheels, with each compartment splitting into two so that Shirabe can wield four buzz saws at once.
- Extreme Sigma Style Lunar Eclipse - Both of Shul Shugana's large buzz saws combine into a large mono wheel vehicle which Shirabe can use for transportation or to ride into an opponent.
- Extreme Sigma Style Forbidden Moon Ring - This attack is functionally identical to Extreme Sigma Style Lunar Eclipse.
- Emergency Phi Style Twin Moon Karma - Each of Shul Shugana's large buzz saws transforms into a helicopter rotor which arrange themselves to place one above and one below Shirabe, providing protection as well as allowing her to fly and use herself as a ramming weapon.
- Superb Song - Her Superb Song forms armor over her arms and legs, arming her with a large pair of buzz saws on her arms. She describes it as an immense strike along a fixed trajectory, effective against immobile or barely moving opponents.
- Final Omega Style - Dystopia - Only usable in X-Drive, this attack transforms most of Shul Shugana's armor into a giant robot armed with buzz saw arms and bladed ears, which she pilots from a motorcycle-style cockpit on its head.
- Unnamed S2CA Art - An augmented version of S2CA Tri Burst which uses Kirika, Shirabe and Maria as well as all 7 billion people on Earth, producing enough combined phonic gain to unlock the X-Drive of all six Symphogears, which together ram into the target as a bright lance of rainbow light.
- Vitalization - A six-member combination attack accessible only in X-Drive, which forms a pair of large arms out of Gungnir and Airgetlám's armor components that deliver a combined punch fuelled by the energy of all six Symphogears.
- Delta Style Charming Accelkiller - She spins at high speed, and the skirt on her armor becomes a buzzsaw.
- Beta Style Super Saw Slash - She combines her two yo-yos into a massive buzzsaw that she can use to attack her opponent from a distance.
- ZABABA Eclipse: Forbidden Wheel of Evil - A combination attack with Kirika. While Shirabe uses Extreme Sigma Style Forbidden Moon Ring, Kirika uses The Slasher Jabberwock from the other side of the enemy, allowing them both to slice through the enemy simultaneously while the enemy is bound, with Kirika using her pauldrons to grab Shirabe and pull on her in order to speed both of them up.
- Asgard - Being a descendant of Finé, Shirabe can summon pink shields that can deflect almost anything. This ability was most likely lost after Finé sacrificed her soul.
- Ōkyo Shul Shagana
- ORBITAL BEAT
- Edge Works of Goddess ZABABA
- Hajimari no Babel
- Nijiiro no Flügel
- Genocide Saw Heaven
- Just Loving X-Edge[Notes 1]
- Arigatō wo Utai Nagara
- PRACTICE MODE
- SENSE OF DISTANCE
- Shirabe's battle song genre is J-Pop.
- Shirabe uses Japanese and Greek language for her attack names.
- Shirabe was one of the Receptor Children, orphans selected to become the body to hold Finé's soul.
- Shirabe and Ryōko Sakurai's hairstyle are similar to Finé's.
- Her relic's name, along with Kirika's was revealed during the Opening Animation Sequence in Season 2.
- Shirabe has a rabbit-like design.
- Shirabe wears the opposite colour of Kirika's relic.
- Shirabe is the third character to have dubstep in her song.The first was Maria Cadenzavna Eve and the second Kohinata Miku.
- Shirabe is the Gear user with the third largest number of attacks (10).
- As every other main character in this show, Kirika and Shirabe's insert songs make a lot of reference to themselves. Specifically:
- "Singing the Melody" (Original Japanese: Shirabe Utau): Uta (Sing, or song) is the alternate pronounciation of 歌, which is the second kanji in Kirika's name. Shirabe (調/melody) is the very same word in Shirabe's name.
- "The two of us are (like) Sun and Moon": Kirika's last name Akatsuki（暁）'s left part is 日 which means Sun. Shirabe's last name Tsukuyomi（月読）on the other hand contains the character 月 which means Moon.
- There's also multiple occurences of the phrase "I wish to tell you 'I love you'", which is exactly what the two did in Ep 11 and 12.
- Many fans believe that she has a scar on her back from taking the hit that Kirika had meant for herself. This remains unconfirmed as of now.
- Shirabe became a symphogear when she was only 12 years old, she met Kirika when she was 13.
- Main article: Shirabe Tsukuyomi/Image gallery
- "この世界にはあなたのような偽善者が多すぎる/There are too many hypocrites like you in this world" - Season 2, Episode 2
- "助けたのは、あなたのためじゃない/I didn't help because of you" - Season 2, Episode 4
- (To Kirika) "But she doesn't lie about herself! She lives as her heart wills, and she shines so brightly that I'm envious." - Season 2, Episode 11
- (To Kirika) "Those few you manage to save the doctor's way will feel the same loss as I do! Who would want to live on in a world like that? I can't sing for that ideal!" - Season 2, Episode 12
- (To Kirika) "You don't understand! The world of which I dream can't exist without you! I don't want a world that forces solitude on people!" - Season 2, Episode 12
- (To Hibiki) "I want to believe that you're more than just a hypocrite. So while I'm here, show me first-hand what saving people means to you. Show us." - Season 2, Episode 13
References and Notes
- ↑ Song also used as an Ignited Arrangement
|Hibiki Tachibana | Tsubasa Kazanari | Kanade Amou | Chris Yukine | Maria Cadenzavna Eve | Shirabe Tsukuyomi | Kirika Akatsuki | Serena Cadenzavna Eve | Miku Kohinata|