|Anime||G Episode 1|
|Game||Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited|
|Relatives||Finé (Ancestor, †)|
Shirabe Tsukuyomi (月読 調 Tsukuyomi Shirabe?) is one of the six main characters of the Senki Zesshō Symphogear series. Introduced as an antagonist, Shirabe later becomes one of the six protagonists of the series.
Shirabe (調?) - Means "Tune".
Tsukuyomi (月読?) - Means "Moon Reading". It is also short for the name of the Shinto moon god, Tsukuyomi no Mikoto.
Shirabe has light pink eyes with long, straight black hair in a hime cut. Her hair is held in two pig-tails tied with pink ribbons. She is most often seen wearing a pink and black long sleeved dress with dark pink stockings and black boots. When briefly possessed by Finé, she gains her distinctive catlike eyes.
Shirabe is very quiet and calm, almost to the point of being emotionless. However, this is most likely a facade to hide how deeply she cares for her teammates, as during her fight against Kirika in Season 2, Episode 12. She said that she wouldn't want a world without Kirika, and that the few people who were saved using the methods Dr. Ver planned to use would doubtless feel the same way.
Shirabe's past prior to becoming part of the Receptor Children is still largely unknown, but it is known from her character description for Symphogear AXZ that she became one of the Receptor Children during some sort of accident, which is when she was kidnapped and placed in the White Orphanage. It is known that she is an orphan.
After the death of Ryōko Sakurai during season 1, the FIS attempted to determine if Finé had revived in any of the Receptor Children, but were unable to do so. They then planned to dispose of the project, but due to an armed uprising led by Nastassja — with the help of funding provided by the Bavarian Illuminati — the existence of the confined Receptor Children was brought to light. In fear of criticism from the international community, the US government quickly changed their tune and arranged for the children to be released of their own will or provided shelter. At this point, Maria, Shirabe, and Kirika joined with Nastassja and Dr. Ver in order to stop the fall of the Moon.
Attacks and Abilities
Various Shul Shagana tron
Shirabe owns the Relic Shul Shagana. As a candidate for the Symphogear, she has the ability to fight Noise with the use of the anti-Noise armour that clads her in battle. However, she requires LiNKER to do so.
Her Armed Gear is unusual in that it is not hand-carried, but rather consists of buzz saw discs of varying sizes hidden in the rabbit ear-like compartments on her head. In addition to this, Shirabe's boots each contain a buzz saw-like wheel which she can use as roller blades. As of the third season, her arsenal has been augmented with a pair of razor blade yo-yos, and even the skirt on her armor has been shown to be capable of being used as a buzzsaw.
As one of Finé's descendants Shirabe is able to form barriers called "Asgard" as a means of protection. However, this ability was most likely lost when Finé sacrificed her soul to prevent Shirabe from dying of a fatal wound.
- α Style・100 Saṃsāra (α式・百輪廻 Arufa-Shiki・Hyaku Rinne?) - Hundreds of small saw blades are fired from Shirabe's compartments.
- γ Style・Swastika Kasha (γ式・卍火車 Ganma-Shiki・Manji Kasha?) - Shirabe's compartments unfold into a pair of waldo arms each ending in one massive buzz saw capable of being used as a shield. These buzz saws can be launched as much larger versions of Alpha Style 100 Rebirths' projectile. Almost all of Shirabe's other attacks extend from this one.
- Reverse γ Style・Reckless Swastika Finish (裏γ式・滅多卍切 Ura Ganma-Shiki・Metta Manji Giri?) - A doubled version of Gamma Style Infinite Firewheels, with each compartment splitting into two so that Shirabe can wield four buzz saws at once.
- Extreme Σ Style・Forbidden Full Moon (非常Σ式・禁月輪 Hijō Sigma-Shiki・Kin Getsurin?) - Both of Shul Shugana's large buzz saws combine into a large mono wheel vehicle which Shirabe can use for transportation or to ride into an opponent.
- Emergency Φ Style・Twin Moon Karma (緊急Φ式・双月カルマ Kinkyū Fai-Shiki・Sōgetsu Karuma?) - Each of Shul Shugana's large buzz saws transforms into a helicopter rotor which arrange themselves to place one above and one below Shirabe, providing protection as well as allowing her to fly and use herself as a ramming weapon.
- Superb Song - Her Superb Song forms armor over her arms and legs, arming her with a large pair of buzz saws on her arms. She describes it as an immense strike along a fixed trajectory, effective against immobile or barely moving opponents.
- Final Ω Style・Dystopia (終Ω式・ディストピア Tsui Omega-Shiki・Disutopia?) - Only usable in X-Drive, this attack transforms most of Shul Shugana's armor into a giant robot armed with buzz saw arms and bladed ears, which she pilots from a motorcycle-style cockpit on its head.
- Vitalization - A six-member combination attack accessible only in X-Drive, which forms a pair of large arms out of Gungnir and Airgetlám's armor components that deliver a combined punch fueled by the energy of all six Symphogears.
- Δ Style・Charming Axel Killer (Δ式・艶殺アクセル Deruta-Shiki・Ensatsu Akuseru?) - She spins at high speed, and the skirt on her armor becomes a buzzsaw.
- β Style・Giant Saw Judgement (β式・巨円断 β-Shiki・Kyoen Dan?) - She combines armed gear into a massive buzzsaw that she can use to attack her opponent from a distance.
- Forbidden Wheel of Evil・ZABABA Eclipse (禁殺邪輪・Zあ破刃エクLィプssSS Kin Setsu Ja Rin・Zababa Ekuripusu?) - A combination attack with Kirika. While Shirabe uses Extreme Σ Style・Forbidden Full Moon, Kirika uses The Slasher・Jabberwock from the other side of the enemy, allowing them both to slice through the enemy simultaneously while the enemy is bound, with Kirika using her pauldrons to grab Shirabe and pull on her in order to speed both of them up.
- Prohibited Fitting β Style・ZABABA Sun and Moon (禁合β式・Zあ破刃惨無uうNN Kin Gou Bēta-Shiki ・Zababa San Mūn?) -
- Swift Union of Wind and Moon (風月ノ疾双 Fūgetsu no Shissō?) -
- Extreme Σ Style・Forbidden Full Moon IGNITE (非常Σ式・禁月輪 IGNITE Hijō Sigma-Shiki・Kin Getsurin IGNITE?) - In her Ignited form, Shirabe make a backflip while activating her Armed Gear to create a giant monowheel buzzsaw, before riding toward her targets, smashing and slashing them.
- Murderous Χ Style・Blowing Wheel (殺Χ式・裂風残車輪 Satsu Kai-Shiki・Reppū Zan Sharin?) - Shirabe throws her Armed Gear, which then multiplied into four, before striking their targets.
- Final α Style・Saṃsāra Soaring (終α式・天翔輪廻 Tsui Arufa-Shiki・Tenshō Rinne?) - With her X-Drive, Shirabe flaps her wings, dispersing feathers around her before they transforms in circular saws, she then launches them toward her targets, cuttings them before a larger one crashs into them, creating a explosion.
- Final β Style・Slashing Steel's Web (終β式・縛戒斬鋼 Tsui Bēta-Shiki・Bakukai Zankō?) - Shirabe jumps into air before throwing her Armed Gears toward her target, creating a web trapping and cutting her.
- β Style・Super Giant Saw Throwing (β式・超巨円投断 Bēta-Shiki・Chō Kyoentō Dan?) - Shirabe combines her Armed Gears before launching them in the air to create a giant buzzsaw, she then throw it toward her targets, crushing them in a explosion.
- π Style・Ice Blade Performance (π式・氷刃演武 Pai-Shiki・Hyōjin Enbu?) - Shirabe ice skates around her target while throwing her Armed Gear at him, make a final spin before posing, displaying a drawing of Kirika's face with her catch phrase " Desu " on the ice below the target, before it illuminated.
- Murderous X Style・Awanami's Sweeping Phantasm (殺X式・灑掃幻泡波 Satsu Kai-Shiki・Saisō Maboroshi Awanami?) - Shirabe covers her targets of foam, before lauching her Armed Gear towards them, it then multiplied before circling the targets, covering them with more foam, Shirabe then throws a kiss, hitting the targets with it.
- θ Style・Dragon's Judgement Summoning (θ式・竜撃喚断 Tēta-Shiki・Ryūgeki Kandan?) - Shirabe conjures four spheres of energy that flies toward the sky, before fusing together, taking the silhouette of a dragon that come crashing on her target twice.
- Extreme Σ Style・Forbidden Spherical Halo (非常Σ式・禁球光輪 Hijō Sigma-Shiki・Kin Kyū Kōrin?) - Shirabe rides her monowheel, ignited it, becoming a giant fireball performing many zigzags, to finally percutes her targets, leaving them in a explosion.
- β Style・Violent Helixs Collision (β式・螺旋烈衝斬 Bēta-Shiki・Rasen Retsu Kuzan?) - In her Ignited form, Shirabe launches her Armed Gears, transforming into big buzzsaws and hitting her targets four times before rising in the air, combining into a giant buzzsaw and crashing down on the targets.
- Final α Style・Soaring Funeral Light Blade (終α式・天翔光刃葬 Tsui Arufa-Shiki・Tenshō Kōjinsō?) -
- Special Equipment α Style・ Heavy slicing feathers (特装α式・重断切羽 Tokusō Arufa-Shiki・Jūdan Seppa?) -
- Murderous Χ Style・Mischief's Transfiguration (殺X式・悪戯変化 Satsu Kai-Shiki・Itazura Henka?)
- α Style・Giant Blade Saṃsāra (α式・巨刃輪廻 Arufa-Shiki・Kyozan Rinne?) - Shirabe jumps in the air, unfolding the Armed Gear of her twin-tail to throw many circulars saws, which combines together to form a bigger one, landing behind her target, she then skates away from her to avoid being hit by her own attack.
- θ Style・Water Games (θ式・水輪遊戯 Tēta-Shiki・Mizurin Yūgi?) - Shirabe summon an enormous wave she ride with her buoy, before it come crashing on her targets.
- Murderous X Style・Sand's Sneak Assault (殺X式・砂潜急襲断 Satsu Kai-Shiki・Shasen Kyūshū Dan?) -
- Σ Style・Giant Blade's Fall (Σ式・降下巨刃 Sigma-Shiki・Kōka Kyozan?) - Shirabe jumps in the air, unfolds the Gear of her leg to release a giant buzzsaw, before crashing on her opponent.
- β Style・Spiral Wave (β式・廻旋波 Bēta-Shiki・Kaisenha?) - Shirabe launches forwards her Armed Gears, creating two shockwaves rushing toward her target.
- γ Style・Friction Blades (γ式・裂擦刃 Ganma-Shiki・Retsukosuzan?) - Shirabe unfold the Armed Gears of her twin-tail to reveal two buzzsaws, before skating toward her target, cutting her.
- Δ Style・Flying Axel Killer (Δ式・飛殺アクセ Deruta-Shiki・Hisatsu Akuseru?) - Shirabe extend the hem of her skirt, forming a buzzsaw, before creating a ring-formed shockwave, rushing toward a her targets.
- Λ Style・Twin Blade Cross (Λ式・雙刃クロス Ramuda-Shiki・Sōzan Kurosu?) - Shirabe sings her Superb Song, She then transform each of her arms into two giant buzzsaws, before rushing toward her targets, slashing her three times.
|Shirabe's Solo Songs|
|Ōkyo Shul Shagana||PRACTICE MODE||Genocide Saw Heaven||SENSE OF DISTANCE|
|Melodious Moonlight||Draft folder||Gohōshi... Maid Mode|
- Shirabe's battle song genre is techno.
- Shirabe uses Japanese and Greek language for her attack names.
- Shirabe and Ryōko Sakurai's hairstyle are similar to Finé's.
- Her relic's name, along with Kirika's, was revealed in G's OP.
- Shirabe's twintails give her a rabbit-like design.
- Shirabe reveal to be a great cook, she seem to being in charge of the cooking for her group during G, and in AXZ, she cooks a large assortment of dish for Hibiki birthday.
- Shirabe wears the opposite color of Kirika's relic.
- Shirabe is the Gear user with the third largest number of attacks (10).
- As every other main character in this show, Kirika and Shirabe's insert songs make a lot of reference to themselves. Specifically:
- "Singing the melody" (Original Japanese: Shirabe Utau): Uta (Sing, or song) is the alternate pronunciation of 歌, which is the second kanji in Kirika's name. Shirabe (調, meaning melody) is the very same word in Shirabe's name.
- "The two of us are (like) the Sun and Moon": Kirika's last name Akatsuki (暁)'s left radical is 日, which means "sun". Shirabe's last name Tsukuyomi (月読) on the other hand contains the radical 月, which means "moon".
- There's also multiple occurences of the phrase "I wish to tell you 'I love you'", which is exactly what the two did in G Episode 11, G Episode 12, and GX Episode 8.
- Many fans believe that she has a scar on her back from taking the hit that Kirika had meant for herself. This has since been proven wrong by the show canon, as there have been multiple nude or shower scenes featuring Shirabe that show her with no scar on her back.
- Shirabe became a Symphogear user when she was only twelve years old, and she met Kirika when she was thirteen.
- Shirabe's name was perhaps not originally "Shirabe Tsukuyomi", this name was given to her by the F.I.S. after analyze of her belongings since she doesn't remembered it. However, the kanji " 調 " for " Shirabe " could be read differently.
- "この世界にはあなたのような偽善者が多すぎる/There are too many hypocrites like you in this world" - Season 2, Episode 2
- "助けたのは、あなたのためじゃない/I didn't help because of you" - Season 2, Episode 4
- (To Kirika) "But she doesn't lie about herself! She lives as her heart wills, and she shines so brightly that I'm envious." - Season 2, Episode 11
- (To Kirika) "Those few you manage to save the doctor's way will feel the same loss as I do! Who would want to live on in a world like that? I can't sing for that ideal!" - Season 2, Episode 12
- (To Kirika) "You don't understand! The world of which I dream can't exist without you! I don't want a world that forces solitude on people!" - Season 2, Episode 12
- (To Hibiki) "I want to believe that you're more than just a hypocrite. So while I'm here, show me first-hand what saving people means to you. Show us." - Season 2, Episode 13
- Main article: Shirabe Tsukuyomi/Image gallery
References and Notes
Senki Zesshō Symphogear AXZ Characters
Miku Kohinata | Genjuro Kazanari | Shinji Ogawa | Sakuya Fujitaka | Aoi Tomosato | Elfnein | Fudō Kazanari | Saint-Germain
Cagliostro | Prelati | Tiki | Adam Weishaupt | Sonia Virena | Stephan Virena | Yumi Itaba | Kuriyo Ando | Shiori Terashima
Masahito Shibata | Masanori and Sonnet M. Yukine