|Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited|
|Video Game Info|
|June 26, 2017|
Symphogear X-Drive Unlimited, Symphogear XDU for short, is the collaboration of two major companies: Bushiroad and Gree. Bushiroad is a long time sponsor of Symphogear since season 1 and has collaborated with the series to release a line of collectible cards as part of their Weiss Schwarz brand. Gree is mobile game and social networking company involved with major titles such as GranBlue Fantasy and Idolmaster.
XDU is described as a "symphonic battle RPG" that focuses on the song and fighting elements of the series. Users can select from 9 different characters and form a team to battle against enemies while performing special moves recreated from the anime. The combat is being called a "real time auto battle" system which mainly focuses on the user inputting the commands/timing for the use of special moves.
Of course all the special moves are animated to look just how they do in the anime, including their attack names being displayed when performed. The special move used by each character is determined by what "gear card" the player has equipped to them. There are many to collect that all have different moves and abilities. The cards can also unlock additional content.
Over 100 new pieces of art were drawn exclusively for the game, including new original gear designs. The original gear designs also include their own original special moves. There are variations of each character that feature their unique gears from each season. This includes all of the gear users in the series, including characters beyond the main 6 such as Kanade, Serena and Miku. Gear cards also have an "awakened" form that will change the art they display.
Gear cards equipped to a character changes their appearance in battle. For example if you have an Ignite Hibiki card equipped then during the battle phase of the game she will appear in her Ignite outfit. Gear cards have a "spirit" level that can be raised by using them multiple times in battle. When you level up the cards you can unlock special character dialog recorded by the actors, as well as side story missions.
The main quests of the game will feature story progression through each of the 3 seasons of the anime, and more content will be added to connect with the future seasons. However, because there are some characters whose role in the story is limited (Kanade, Serena, Miku) there will also be new stories that feature them. This also includes "daily life" scenarios in addition to "battle" scenarios. There are over 100 different sub-scenarios in the game and were created under the supervision of the main writer (Kaneko).
Another type of card available to collect is "Memoria cards." These feature characters other than the main playable 9. The support cards will have different effects and abilities that assist the player in battle. Rare memoria cards feature new original art that illustrate "what if" scenarios. By collecting memoria cards the player can unlock sub-scenarios that feature a story involving the art on the card.
All the character songs are included in the game, but have to be unlocked by completing various quests or events. Songs that the player has unlocked will go into their own "music box" and from there the player can review their various effects and parameters. Songs can be assigned to "decks" of gear/support cards the player has created. When equipped, the song will be played during battle and have different uses such as increasing attack power or likeliness of critical hits. Similar to the gear cards, by using a song in battle multiple times you can increase its level and make it stronger which leads to a bigger impact during battle.
- Gyakkō no Resolve (Clear 50 missions with Kanade in your party)
- Hadaka ni Natte… Natsu (Clear 60 missions with Maria in your party)
- Eiai Promise (Clear 60 missions with Miku in your party)
- SAKURA BLIZZARD
- Dareka no Tame no Hikari
- Kono Ima wo Ikite (Clear the mission MA2-10, 5 times)
- Santa ga Machi ni Yatte Kuru (Clear 25 missions with Kirika in your party)
- Gohōshi... Maid Mode (Clear 22 missions with Shirabe in your party)
- Shippū Jinrai (Clear 25 missions with Tsubasa in your party)
- Endless☆Summertime (Clear 25 missions with Hibiki in your party)
Songs from the Anime
- Gyakkō no Flügel (Clear 60 missions with Kanade and Tsubasa in your party)
- Gekisō Gungnir
- Zettō Ame no Habakiri
- Makyū Ichaival
- Kimi to Iu Oto Kanade Tsukiru Made
- FIRST LOVE SONG
- Fushichō no Flamme (Clear 200 missions with Tsubasa and Maria in your party)
- Seigi wo Shinjite, Nigirishimete (Clear 50 missions with Hibiki in your party)
- Ressō Gungnir
- Gekkō no Tsurugi (Clear 50 missions with Tsubasa in your party)
- Ōkyo Shul Shagana
- Bye-Bye Lullaby (Clear 50 missions with Chris in your party)
- Kyōshitsu Monochrome (Clear the mission MA2-8, 11 times)
- Gokuren Igalima
- Waikyō Shénshòujìng
- Hajimari no Babel (Clear 30 missions with Hibiki, Tsubasa and Chris in your party)
- Nijiiro no Flügel (Clear 200 missions with Hibiki, Tsubasa and Chris in your party)
- Genkai Toppa G-beat (Clear the mission MA3-11, 4 times)
- Beyond the BLADE (Clear the mission MA3-13, 2 times)
- Sora e... (Clear 100 missions with Tsubasa, in your party)
- TRUST HEART (Clear the mission MA3-15, 4 times)
- Overkill Scythe Hell (Clear 50 missions with Kirika in your party)
- Genocide Saw Heaven (Clear 50 missions with Shirabe in your party)
- Ginwan Airgetlám (Clear 50 missions with Maria in your party)
- Edge Works of Goddess ZABABA (Clear the FREE mission MA2-4, 13 times)
- Watashi to Iu Oto Hibiki Sono Saki Ni (Clear 60 missions with Hibiki in your party)
- Koi no Okehazama (Clear the mission MA1-14, 9 times)
- Gekishō Infinity (Clear 17 missions with Hibiki, Tsubasa and Chris in your party)
- Senritsu Sorority (Clear 17 missions with Maria, Shirabe and Kirika in your party)
- PRACTICE MODE (Clear the mission MA2-4, 11 times)
- Tegami (Clear the mission MA2-12, 11 times)
- FLIGHT FEATHERS (Clear the FREE mission MA1-14, 15 times with Tsubasa in your party)
- Seiten Galaxy Cross (Clear the FREE mission MA3-1, 7 times with Tsubasa and Maria in your party)
- Main article: Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited/Card List
- Main article: Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited/Image gallery