|Game||Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited|
|Hair Color||Dark green (S1)|
Black (G onwards)
Miku (未来?) - can mean "Future".
Kohinata (小日向?) - means "A small place in the sun".
Miku has green eyes and shoulder-length dark-green hair (black from G onwards), with a white bow tied around the back of her head, keeping part of her hair away from her face in a half-updo.
In the past before the disastrous Zwei Wing concert, Miku wore her hair in a more typical ponytail that was tied back with a yellow bow.
Miku is helpful and cheery, but constantly worries about Hibiki due to the danger she frequently finds herself in as a Symphogear user. She has a hidden possessive streak towards Hibiki, borne out of a desire not to see Hibiki get hurt, which was exploited along with her desire for Hibiki not to fight anymore to transform Miku into a Symphogear user herself; even so, Miku does all her best to support Hibiki and encourages her to fight for what she believes in and help others, even if it's born of selfish desire, and so Miku works hard to make sure that Hibiki has a warm place to come home to.
In AXZ, it is revealed that years before the series, Miku had difficulty considering other people's feelings in general. She only cared about getting ahead of others and winning, and saw others as her rivals, wishing not to "see them from behind", like in her track-and-field races. However, Miku made an exception for Hibiki, with her hiding her pain behind a smile and her constant reckless helping of others despite the bullying she was suffering at the time. This led to Miku quitting track field upon transferring to Lydian upon the realization that she wanted to walk side-by-side with Hibiki, and taking up learning the piano as a way of expressing the inner feelings that Miku finds so hard to communicate.
First seen in Episode 1 Miku is standing at a bus stop in the ruined city in the rain holding a bouquet of white lilies. A bus pulls up and she gets on board. She gets dropped off in a cemetery and she walks to a grave and drops the flowers as she drops to her knees crying and says to the grave "I want to see you...I hate...that I can't...Hibiki." As she cries it begins to rain and it flashes back to two years prior. She is seen speaking on the phone with Hibiki as she could not come to the Zwei Wing concert.
Back in the present Miku is seen singing the Lydian Private Music Academy Anthem. She is later seen in her shared room with Hibiki organizing. She smiles affectionately at Hibiki as she talks about Tsubasa. Later that night she is fast asleep in the same bed as Hibiki. The next day she is seen reading the news report about the Noise attack from the night before in the cafeteria. She is later seen working as Hibiki whines about her meeting with Tsubasa and Miku replies that Tsubasa is right in thinking that Hibiki is a weirdo. Miku remembers that Tsubasa's CD goes on sale that day and reminds Hibiki about it, asking what was the point of a CD and makes a point that the CD would probably sell out.
Episode 2 she is seen to have expressed worry as Hibiki comes home extremely late. She is later thanked as Hibiki says that she is the only one who would worry about her. Hibiki then hugs her and tells her that she is the sunshine that warms her. She then wishes her good night as Hibiki has fallen asleep. The next day she is sadden as Hibiki is unable to go with them to Flower.
Miku is seen in Episode 3 with Hibiki in their room as Mibiki's phones goes off. Miku questions her about it and offers to cover for her. However she asks that in return Hibiki doesn't get swamped with reports so they could go see a meteor shower one day. Miku helps her undress as Hibiki struggled to get her shirt off. Later in the episode she is sitting outside eating lunch with her friends as Hibiki does her report. Shiori suggests to playing badminton and Kuriyo invites her along, however she declines as she promised to help Hibiki with her report. After Hibiki turns in her report Miku runs off to retrieve their bags.
When Miku returns she finds that Hibiki is gone, going back to their room she is called by Hibiki as something has come up and she might not make it back to see it with her.
In the later part of Episode 4 Miku approaches Hibiki on the roof of the school commenting that Hibiki has been on a solitary streak. As Hibiki tries to play it off Miku sits down and takes her hand. As Hibiki asks for space Miku agrees and they continue to hold hands and sit on the bench. Miku stands and tells Hibiki that no matter what she does to remain true to herself. As she doesn't have to change, Miku would support her. She offers her phone to Hibiki so she could see the meteor shower.
Episode 5 Miku wakes in the middle of the night to see that her shared bed with Hibiki is empty with the latter leaving a note informing her that she will be skipping school for training. The next morning Miku covers for Hibiki with the excuse that she is out sick. That night she yells at Hibiki for being gone all day and asks for a real explaination.
As she trains with Hibiki in Episode 6 Miku stops while Hibiki continues running. Later the two of them share as bath as Hibiki apologizes, Miku comments that it reminded her of her junior high days. Miku comments on Hibiki's change since enrolling at Lydian as Hibiki never liked putting in effort before. She notices that Hibiki has gotten muscular and all of her wounds, she looks at them and asks Hibiki what happened. After the bath she tells Hibiki to treat her to food at Flower in exchange for coming long for the morning.
She witnesses Hibiki's conversation and asks Hibiki if she wanted to come long as Miku shops. Miku is understanding when Hibiki declines her offer. At the library after she picks out a book she sees Hibiki with Tsubasa through the windows. Miku goes to Flower where she has a conversation with the owner where Miku reflects to herself and comes to a solution. Miku sees Hibiki and tries to approch her and is accidentally attacked by Chris. As a car ia about to fall onto her Hibiki saves her having transformed.
Miku stands and watches in Episode 7 was Hibiki and Chris fight in the distance. Later on she is seen on a screen being transported to the Second Division's Headquarters. Afterwards Miku is back in the dorms reading a magazine as Hibiki comes home. She welcomes Hibiki home curtly and gets angry at Hibiki for keeping secrets, which went against their promise. Miku goes to sleep on the bottom bunk still angry at Hibiki for the secrets. The next day Miku works through class without paying any attention to Hibiki. After Kuriyo comments about Hibiki's possible secret job Miku runs out of the cafeteria. After Hibiki finds her on the roof she apologizes and Miku expresses that she didn't think she could be friends with Hibiki anymore, crying she apologizes and runs off.
Miku walks in the rain carrying groceries and sees Chris in Episode 8. Later on she is taking care of Chris who then wakes up. Miku had given Chris some of her clothes to wear, but had thought against giving Chris her underwear as it was going to far. She thanks the owner of Flower for giving them the blankets and walks off with her. Afterwards she tends to Chris' wounds and admits that she isn't good with words. She listens to Chris' story and apologizes before being told that she should beat up whoever she fought with. Even though she wouldn't be able to do such a thing Miku still thanks Chris for having cared about her.
She tells Chris that she wasn't a bad person and expresses a wish for them to be friends. The Noise alarm goes off before she could ask Chris about what she had said. Having been trapped in a building by a large Noise Miku uses her phone to communicate with Hibiki. Miku then runs off causing a lot of noise to draw the Noise away from Hibiki and the Flower owner. After being saved by Hibiki, Miku begins to cry and apologizes and admits to never having been angry at Hibiki for keeping all the secrets. Afterward the two take a picture together.
She tells Genjuro that she was separated from Chris during the attack and is reassured that Chris wasn't on the list of casualties. That night the two are once again sleeping in the same bed.
Miku is being shown around the base by Hibiki in Episode 9, she meets Tsubasa and promises to take care of Hibiki and that she's already accepted that Hibiki can be a pain. She comments about Ryoko's story sounding like a horror before becoming excited about the story. The next day Miku apologizes for being late due to Hibiki oversleeping. Miku complains about Hibiki's yelling at the game before she brings them all to a karaoke place for another portion of their date. The next day after the date Tsubasa gives both her and Hibiki tickets to her upcoming concert at a festival. She appears in the crowd as Tsubasa finishes her song and announces her wish to sing overseas.
Miku continues to support Hibiki, although she is worried about Hibiki all the time after knowing she is one of the Symphogear users that fights noise.
When the Gungnir shard within Hibiki slowly grew out of control, Miku became increasingly worried. She started by asking her friends for a get together to cheer Hibiki up, and when seeing this doesn't work well, she dragged Hibiki out on a date at the TV tower. Unfortunately the tower became the target of various attacks and the two was forced to the edge. In an attempt to save Miku, Hibiki transformed knowing that it will only make her body worse, but was devastated to see Miku devoured by an explosion.
Unknown to Hibiki, Miku was actually saved by Maria who was also around the place at the time, and she was brought to F.I.S. and Dr. Ver. Dr. Ver offered Miku the last Relic "Shénshòujìng", with the reasoning that she will only be able to save Hibiki if she herself becomes the "same" as Hibiki. Miku agreed, and knowing that Dr.Ver implanted some kind of mind-control onto the device, became the Shénshòujìng wielder nonetheless.
In an encounter that followed, Miku's will to save Hibiki from fighting was twisted by the mind control into depriving her of all her powers to fight. This wish granted Shénshòujìng the power to decompose enemy user's Gear. In an epic clash, both Miku and Hibiki's gears were obliterated, but as a side effect, Hibiki was healed to be a healthy human being, although no longer possessing Symphogear powers.
Deprived of her powers, Miku has been watching and praying for Hibiki from afar ever since, until the last fight, when all Symphogear users was exhausted, having expended all their energy to finish off Nephilim. In a tight effort, Miku ran to the rescue and threw Solomon's Cane into mid air, sealing off the inter-dimensional portal just before it collapsed and exploded. This saved the day.
At the end of the Season 2, Miku is seen together with Hibiki, and the two has apparently grew even closer as they were hugging each other all the time.
Attacks & Abilities
Rei Shénshòujìng rei zizzl
When used as a Symphogear, the Shénshòujìng forms armor themed after a Chinese dress with hakama pants. It can be thought of as a "relic slayer"-type Symphogear, as the light produced by its attacks will erase any relic that it touches. The Shénshòujìng is not immune to this effect, so it will destroy itself if struck by its own beams. While superb at destroying other relics, because of the unusual light-based nature of its attacks a simple mirror is enough to completely defeat the Shénshòujìng despite its overwhelming power.
The Armed Gear of this Symphogear is a large metallic bat resembling the closed form of a folding fan, which like all Armed Gears can transform into alternate forms. The tip of the fan features a small circular mirror. In addition to this, the Shénshòujìng can attack using the pair of whip-like cables attached to its back. Unlike most Symphogears, the Shénshòujìng can fly without needing to access its X-Drive, and indeed it is the only Symphogear never to utilize X-Drive, Ignite Module or its Superb Song.
- Flash (閃光 Shǎnguāng?) - Transforming the Armed Gear into a full circle composed of 14 fan segments, the user fires a series of rapid-fire beams from each of the small mirrors.
- Shooting Star (流星 Liúxīng?) - The most powerful singular attack of the Shénshòujìng, wherein the knee plates on its armor fold down and connect to the cables on the armour’s back. The plates then project semicircular segments outward, forming a large ring in front of the user which fires a large continuous beam.
Such is the power of this attack's ability to destroy relics that it can penetrate both Ichiaval's Reflector and many of Ame no Habakiri's Heaven's Wrath swords.
- Mirrors - The Shénshòujìng can produce floating remote weapons that resemble small circular mirrors, each capable of firing beams similar to " Flash ".
By using additional mirrors, Maria was able to focus dozens of these beams into a single cohesive blast strong enough to erase both the Shénshòujìng and Gungnir, as well as open the seal on the Frontier.
- Light of Dawn (暁光 Xiǎoguāng?) - With her X-Drive, Miku transforms her Armed Gear in a mirror and summons replicas of it to form a second ring while connecting her cables to the Gear of her legs, which then unfolds to create the first ring like a dial, before shooting an enormous beam of light toward her targets, destroying everything.
This attack would be the X-Drive version of " Shooting star ".
- Purgatory (煉獄 Liànyù?) - Miku rises in the air, the knee part of her Armed Gear forming a large ring, summons small mirrors shooting beam to her targets before entirely surrounding them and shooting simultaneously a final beam to them, creating a explosion afterwards.
- Black Paint (漆黒 Qīhēi?) - Miku swings her Armed Gear four times, projecting inks jets, then revealing a raw drawing of Hibiki, which then jump on her targets, smashing them.
- Eternal Love (永愛 Yǒng ài?) - Miku makes severals candles surrounds her targets, ignited them one by one with her Armed Gear, revealing an heart-form formation, before the targets are caught in the explosion inside it.
- Oblivion (忘却 Wàngquè?) - Miku point her Armed Gear towards her targets, then shoot a beam with pink hearts around it to them.
- Confidence's Echo (響信 Xiǎng Xìn?) - Miku blow in her Armed Gear, releasing severals water bubbles in the area, before firing severals high pressurized water bullets to her targets, bursting the bubble while piercing her targets.
- Lamentation (慟哭 Tòngkū?) - Miku flies toward her targets, points her Armed Gear toward them before shooting a powerfull beam of light.
- Reverberation (残響 Cánxiǎng?) - Miku rushes towards her target, before whipping him several time with her cables.
- Reminiscence (追憶 Zhuīyì?) - Miku unfold her Armed Gear, before throwing it toward her targets, hitting them.
Hibiki Tachibana - Miku's best friend. Their relationship is very close and they are childhood friends. Hibiki says that Miku is her sunshine and that it's warmest by her side. Miku, on the other hand, thinks of Hibiki as her "shining Sun".
Tsubasa Kazanari - like Hibiki, she is a fan of Tsubasa.
- She used to be on the track team in junior high.
- Miku's battle song genre is techno/darkwave.
- The Shénshòujìng is based off a Chinese artifact, so attacks and terminology related to it are in Chinese.
- Miku is 15 in Season 1 and Season 2, making her 13 during the Zwei Wing concert.
- Miku knew about Zwei Wing before Hibiki, and introduced her to the duo.
- She, Kanade and Maria use "zizzl" in their activation songs which is theorized to translate as "lust" or "curse".
- Miku's Gear design has a strong Eastern theme, accentuated by hakama-like leg gear.
- Miku possessed a Symphogear for the shortest time period out of any Gear user.
- Miku is the only user who got her transformation scene in the Blu-ray master but not in the TV anime.
- In the last episode of Season 1, in an attempt to divert Noise away from her friends, Miku started running away, getting the Noise to chase her instead of her friends. She ran for at least an hour at full speed, before becoming too exhausted to move. Even though she used to be on a track team, this superhuman stamina is still an amazing feat.
- In OVA of Symphogear G, it is mentioned that the lyrics of all Insert Songs sang during fights are actually the subconscious thoughts of the singers. With this in mind, Miku's lyrics consists of "I won't ever give an inch, I won't let you grow farther/I love you this much, hey...I really love you", which embarrassed her greatly upon realization.
- In the last episode of Season 2, Miku is seen running full speed on sand, and throwing Solomon's Cane high up in the sky to seal the gate to the Treasury of Babylon (which is estimated to be at least 100 meters above ground). When compounded with the fact that she outran a Noise for as long as a few hours, it would seem that despite being a normal human, Miku can perform superhuman feats.
- In an interview with their voice actors, Hibiki and Miku are like a married couple.
- Main article: Miku Kohinata/Image gallery
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 GX Official Website
- ↑ AXZ Official Website
- ↑ Senki Zesshō Symphogear G Episode 9
- ↑ Senki Zesshō Symphogear G Episode 10
- ↑ Senki Zesshō Symphogear AXZ Episode 7
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Song never used in the anime
- ↑ XDU-exclusive song
- ↑ Mistranslated by Crunchyroll as "sunflower"
- ↑ http://symphogear-axz.com/special/sp07_relay01.php
Senki Zesshō Symphogear Characters
Genjuro Kazanari | Ryoko Sakurai | Shinji Ogawa | Sakuya Fujitaka | Aoi Tomosato | Finé
Kuriyo Ando | Shiori Terashima | Yumi Itaba | Taketsugu Hiroki | Tony Glazer | Masanori and Sonnet M. Yukine