暁 切歌 Akatsuki Kirika
|Anime||Senki Zesshō Symphogear G|
|Game||Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited|
|Three Sizes||B82/W56/ H83|
|Relatives||Finé (Ancestor, †)|
Kirika Akatsuki (暁 切歌 Akatsuki Kirika?) is one of the main characters that first appeared in Symphogear G. It was first implied that Kirika was the true reincarnation of Finé instead of Maria. However, this was a false assumption, as revealed until later.
Kirika (切歌?) - Means "Cutting Songs" in Japanese
Akatsuki (暁?) - Means "Dawn" in Japanese
Kirika has green eyes and short blond hair with an X shaped clip on the left side of her bangs. She is most often seen wearing a black short sleeved shirt with puffed out sleeves that have white Xs on the side and a yellow three layered ruffled skirt, black and white striped stockings, black boots, and black and green arm-warmers and leg-warmers.
Kirika is a cheerful and upbeat girl, often seen as enthusiastic - especially when compared to Shirabe and Maria. She cares very much for her teammates and is willing to do whatever it takes to save humanity. Her relationship with Shirabe in particular borders on the romantic, and she is extremely protective of her. After falsely coming to believe that she is the reincarnation of Finé, Kirika becomes increasingly unhinged out of panic at the loss of her identity, to the extent that she's driven to attempt suicide when she realizes her mistake. She uses "death" (デス desu?) as her catchphrase.
Kirika's past prior to becoming part of the Receptor Children is still largely unknown, but her character song Tegami implies that she has experienced famine, hinting to an impoverished childhood, and her character song Okitegami implies that she was a victim of a bombing at some point. It is known that she is an orphan.
After the death of Ryōko Sakurai during season 1, the FIS attempted to determine if Finé had revived in any of the Receptor Children, but were unable to do so. They then planned to dispose of the project, but due to an armed uprising led by Nastassja — with the help of funding provided by the Bavarian Illuminati — the existence of the confined Receptor Children was brought to light. In fear of criticism from the international community, the US government quickly changed their tune and arranged for the children to be released of their own will or provided shelter. At this point, Maria, Shirabe, and Kirika joined with Nastassja and Dr. Ver in order to stop the fall of the Moon.
Attacks & Abilities
Seiwoss Igalima Lyzen Tron
Kirika owns the Relic Igalima. As a candidate for the Symphogear, she has the ability to fight Noise with the use of the anti-Noise armour that clads her in battle. However, she requires LiNKER to do so.
Her Armed Gear is a green scythe capable of transforming into exotic edged weapons, which in its inactive form instead resembles a sickle. In addition to this, Igalima's four shoulder pauldrons can be used as rockets or grappling hooks.
- Kill Juliet - Kirika's scythe generates two extra blades which are hurled as boomerangs.
- The Slasher Jabberwock - Kirika sets up for this attack by binding her opponent to the ground using the grappling chains launched from her shoulder armor, before transforming her scythe into a large guillotine blade which she kicks through the opponent using her rockets for additional force.
- Sealed Strike Pinocchio - Kirika extends the blades at the tip of each shoulder pauldron into a scythe blade as they take a configuration resembling devil wings, giving her four additional arms to stab at enemies with.
- Twin Cutter Cinderella - Kirika summons another copy of her scythe, which she can combine together to form a giant scissor if she wishes or use independently.
- Tinkerbell Tornado - Holding her scythe horizontally, Kirika uses the rockets on her pauldrons to spin at high speeds, cutting through the enemies around her.
- Superb Song - Igalima's Superb Song transforms Kirika's scythe into a much larger rocket-propelled scythe, large enough for Kirika herself to ride. A strike from this attack is claimed to cut the victim's soul.
- Final Oppression - Neverland - Used in X-Drive, this attack transforms Kirika's scythe into a much larger three-bladed scythe with the blades arranged parallel like a claw.
- Unnamed S2CA Art - An augmented version of S2CA Tri Burst which uses Kirika, Shirabe and Maria as well as all 7 billion people on Earth, producing enough combined phonic gain to unlock the X-Drive of all six Symphogears, who together ram into the target as a bright lance of rainbow light.
- Vitalization - A six-member combination attack accessible only in X-Drive, which forms a pair of large arms out of Gungnir and Airgetlám's armor components that deliver a combined punch fuelled by the energy of all six Symphogears.
- Reverse Rapunzel - Similar to her Twin Cutter Cinderella, Kirika summons another copy of her scythe and combines them into a large halberd.
- ZABABA Eclipse: Forbidden Wheel of Evil - A combination attack with Shirabe. While Shirabe uses Extreme Sigma Style Forbidden Moon Ring, Kirika uses The Slasher Jabberwock from the other side of the enemy, allowing them both to slice through the enemy simultaneously while the enemy is bound, with Kirika using her pauldrons to grab Shirabe and pull on her in order to speed both of them up.
- ORBITAL BEAT (Ver.ZABABA) (with Shirabe)
- Edge Works of Goddess ZABABA (with Shirabe)
- Hajimari no Babel (with Hibiki, Tsubasa, Chris, Maria, and Shirabe)
- Nijiiro no Flügel (with Hibiki, Tsubasa, Chris, Maria, Shirabe, and Kanade)
- Just Loving X-Edge (with Shirabe)
- Arigatō wo Utai Nagara (with Maria and Shirabe)
- Senritsu Sorority (with Maria and Shirabe)
- Axia no Kaze (with Hibiki, Tsubasa, Chris, Maria, and Shirabe)
- Gizagizagirari☆Full Throttle (with Shirabe)
- Kirika's battle song genre is Symphonic Rock.
- Kirika uses Japanese and English language for her attack names.
- Kirika shares her initials "A.K." with the other user Kanade Amou and secondary character Kuriyo Andou.
- Her relic's name, along with Shirabe Tsukuyomi's, was revealed during the Opening Animation Sequence in Season 2.
- Kirika has her attacks named from places and characters of different fairy tales.
- Kirika's design is similar to a witch.
- Kirika, Shirabe and Miku have a song in their character song singles that have never appeared in the anime.
- Kirika wears the opposite colour of Shirabe's relic.
- Kirika is the Gear user with the fourth biggest number of attacks (8).
- As every other main character in this show, Kirika and Shirabe's insert songs make a lot of reference to themselves. Specifically:
- "Singing the Melody" (Original Japanese: Shirabe Utau): Uta (Sing, or song) is the alternate pronounciation of 歌, which is the second kanji in Kirika's name. Shirabe (調/melody) is the very same word in Shirabe's name.
- "The two of us are (like) the sun and the moon": Kirika's last name Akatsuki（暁）'s left part is 日 which means Sun. Shirabe's last name Tsukuyomi（月読）on the other hand contains the character 月 which means Moon.
- There's also multiple occurences of the phrase "I wish to tell you 'I love you'", which is exactly what the two did in Ep 11 and 12.
- "イガリマ、到着デス！/Igalima is here!"
- 「調やマリア、マムが暮らす世界を、あたしがここにいたって証を遺したいんデスッ！」/ "In this world where Shirabe, Maria and Mom live... I just wish to leave behind some kind of proof of my existence!!"
- 死 /"Death!"
- Main article: Kirika Akatsuki/Image gallery
References and Notes
Senki Zesshō Symphogear AXZ Characters
Miku Kohinata | Genjuro Kazanari | Shinji Ogawa | Sakuya Fujitaka | Aoi Tomosato | Elfnein | Fudō Kazanari | Saint-Germain
Cagliostro | Prelati | Tiki | Adam Weishaupt | Sonia Virena | Stephan Virena | Yumi Itaba | Kuriyo Ando | Shiori Terashima