暁 切歌 Akatsuki Kirika
|Anime||Senki Zesshō Symphogear G Episode #1
|Game||Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited
|Three Sizes||B82/W56/ H83|
Kirika Akatsuki (暁 切歌 Akatsuki Kirika?) is one of the main characters that first appeared in Symphogear G. It was first implied that Kirika was the true reincarnation of Finé instead of Maria. However, this was a false assumption, as revealed until later.
Kirika (切歌?) - Means "Cutting Songs" in Japanese
Akatsuki (暁?) - Means "Dawn" in Japanese
Kirika has green eyes and short blond hair with an X shaped clip on the left side of her bangs. She is most often seen wearing a black short sleeved shirt with puffed out sleeves that have white Xs on the side and a yellow three layered ruffled skirt, black and white striped stockings, black boots, and black and green arm-warmers and leg-warmers.
Kirika is a cheerful and upbeat girl, often seen as enthusiastic - especially when compared to Shirabe and Maria. She cares very much for her teammates and is willing to do whatever it takes to save humanity. Her relationship with Shirabe in particular borders on the romantic, and she is extremely protective of her. After falsely coming to believe that she is the reincarnation of Finé, Kirika becomes increasingly unhinged out of panic at the loss of her identity, to the extent that she's driven to attempt suicide when she realizes her mistake. She uses "death" (デス desu?) as her catchphrase.
She first appeared along with Shirabe.
Kirika and the heroines are set to return in the series. Kirika and Shirabe attend the same school as Hibiki them do.
Attacks and Abilities
Zeios Igalima raizen tron
Kirika owns the Relic Igalima. As a candidate for the Symphogear, she has the ability to fight Noise with the use of the anti-Noise armour that clads her in battle. However, she requires LiNKER to do so.
Her Armed Gear is a green scythe capable of transforming into exotic edged weapons, which in its inactive form instead resembles a sickle. In addition to this, Igalima's four shoulder pauldrons can be used as rockets or grappling hooks.
- Kill Juliet - Kirika's scythe generates two extra blades which are hurled as boomerangs.
- The Slasher Jabberwock - Kirika sets up for this attack by binding her opponent to the ground using the grappling chains launched from her shoulder armor, before transforming her scythe into a large guillotine blade which she kicks through the opponent using her rockets for additional force.
- Sealed Strike Pinocchio - Kirika extends the blades at the tip of each shoulder pauldron into a scythe blade as they take a configuration resembling devil wings, giving her four additional arms to stab at enemies with.
- Twin Cutter Cinderella - Kirika summons another copy of her scythe, which she can combine together to form a giant scissor if she wishes or use independently.
- Tinkerbell Tornado - Holding her scythe horizontally, Kirika uses the rockets on her pauldrons to spin at high speeds, cutting through the enemies around her.
- Superb Song - Igalima's Superb Song transforms Kirika's scythe into a much larger rocket-propelled scythe, large enough for Kirika herself to ride. A strike from this attack is claimed to cut the victim's soul.
- Final Oppression - Neverland - Used in X-Drive, this attack transforms Kirika's scythe into a much larger three-bladed scythe with the blades arranged parallel like a claw.
- Unnamed S2CA Art - An augmented version of S2CA Tri Burst which uses Kirika, Shirabe and Maria as well as all 7 billion people on Earth, producing enough combined phonic gain to unlock the X-Drive of all six Symphogears, who together ram into the target as a bright lance of rainbow light.
- Vitalization - A six-member combination attack accessible only in X-Drive, which forms a pair of large arms out of Gungnir and Airgetlam's armor components that deliver a combined punch fuelled by the energy of all six Symphogears.
- Reverse Rapunzel - Similar to her Twin Cutter Cinderella, Kirika summons another copy of her scythe and combines them into a large halberd.
- ZABABA Eclipse: Forbidden Wheel of Evil - A combination attack with Shirabe. While Shirabe uses Extreme Sigma Style Forbidden Moon Ring, Kirika uses The Slasher Jabberwock from the other side of the enemy, allowing them both to slice through the enemy simultaneously while the enemy is bound, with Kirika using her pauldrons to grab Shirabe and pull on her in order to speed both of them up.
- Gokuren Igalima
- ORBITAL BEAT
- Edge Works of Goddess ZABABA
- Hajimari no Babel
- Nijiiro no Flügel
- Overkill Scythe Hell
- Just Loving X-Edge[Notes 1]
- Arigatō wo Utai Nagara
- Kirika's battle song genre is Symphonic Rock.
- Kirika uses Japanese and English language for her attack names.
- Kirika shares her initials "A.K." with the other user Kanade Amou and secondary character Kuriyo Andou.
- Her relic's name, along with Shirabe Tsukuyomi's, was revealed during the Opening Animation Sequence in Season 2.
- Kirika has her attacks named from places and characters of different fairy tales.
- Kirika's design is similar to a witch.
- Kirika, Shirabe and Miku have a song in their character song singles that have never appeared in the anime.
- Kirika wears the opposite colour of Shirabe's relic.
- Kirika is the Gear user with the fourth biggest number of attacks (8).
- As every other main character in this show, Kirika and Shirabe's insert songs make a lot of reference to themselves. Specifically:
- "Singing the Melody" (Original Japanese: Shirabe Utau): Uta (Sing, or song) is the alternate pronounciation of 歌, which is the second kanji in Kirika's name. Shirabe (調/melody) is the very same word in Shirabe's name.
- "The two of us are (like) the sun and the moon": Kirika's last name Akatsuki（暁）'s left part is 日 which means Sun. Shirabe's last name Tsukuyomi（月読）on the other hand contains the character 月 which means Moon.
- There's also multiple occurences of the phrase "I wish to tell you 'I love you'", which is exactly what the two did in Ep 11 and 12.
- Main article: Kirika Akatsuki/Image gallery
- "イガリマ、到着デス！/Igalima is here!"
- 「調やマリア、マムが暮らす世界を、あたしがここにいたって証を遺したいんデスッ！」/ "In this world where Shirabe, Maria and Mom live... I just wish to leave behind some kind of proof of my existence!!"
- 死 /"Death!"
References and Notes
- ↑ Song also used as an Ignited Arrangement
|Hibiki Tachibana | Tsubasa Kazanari | Kanade Amou | Chris Yukine | Maria Cadenzavna Eve | Shirabe Tsukuyomi | Kirika Akatsuki | Serena Cadenzavna Eve | Miku Kohinata|