Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
天羽 奏 Amō Kanade
|Anime||Senki Zesshō Symphogear Episode #1
|Game||Senki Zesshō Symphogear XD Unlimited
|Eye Color||Dark red|
Amou (天羽?) - written with the kanji for "heaven" and "feather"/"wing"
Kanade (奏?) - written with the kanji for "to play (music)"
Kanade was a tall girl who had long fluffy red hair that fell down to her waist and red eyes. She wears a short sleeveless and collar-bearing green shirt and denim short-shorts as her casual attire.
Her Zwei Wing concert clothes consisted of a light pink and hot pink strapless pleated dress with a light yellow petticoat, a large coral coloured bow and a right wing on her bustle. She wore it with a light pink scarf and white heels.
As seen in Episode 4 her training attire was a white T-shirt and red shorts. She has also been seen in a mechanic outfit, in Episode 9.
Kanade was a cheerful and brave person. She lost her family during a Noise attack, but she didn't lose hope. When she died, the last words that she spoke to Tsubasa were:
"Do you know, Tsubasa? Singing your hardest, really leaves you empty."
On the Senki Zessho Symphogear official page Kanade describes herself:
"However, against an opponent that's defined as the enemy, I have to use severe intensity everywhere. My spicy, bright-spirited behaviour is noticeable."
Attacks and Abilities
Croitzall ronzell Gungnir zizzl
Kanade owned the Third Relic Gungnir with which she harmonized by using the LiNKER drug. As a Symphonic gear user she had the ability to fight Noise with the use of the anti-Noise armour, the Symphogear, that clads her in battle. Her Gungnir is much similar to Maria Cadenzavna Eve's, but unlike Maria she doesn't wear a cape and her Gungnir's color scheme is white, black and orange.
Unlike her successor Hibiki, Kanade is able to summon an armed gear and posesses more armour.
- Stardust∞Foton - Kanade summons thousands of Gungnir spears that fall down on Noise. This is the only attack in Symphogear History that can summon more than 100 spears. This attack is similar to Shedding Tears/One Thousand Tears, Megadeth Party and Alpha Style 100 Rebirth, but with a bigger number.
- Last∞Meteor - With this attack, Kanade creates a very strong tornado that can defeat Noise at very large distance. This is a unique attack that can destroy giant Noise in less than a second and in different positions.
- Pendant/Relic telepathy - This is Kanade's unique ability to communicate with her relic from a distance. She can transform without having the pendant/relic on her chest.
- Superb Song - Kanade's Superb Song emits a wide area pink blast of energy and differs from the others. She can use her Superb Song only if she takes LiNKER. In any case, if she uses her Superb Song without using LiNKER it leads to her death. Interestingly, it seems that she becomes just half dead (she turned to dust in her Symphogear form). This may be a reason why she can appear in different outfits in Tsubasa's dreams: her body died while her soul is still "a walking ghost".
Season 1Kanade first appears in Episode 1, two years ago, speaking to Tsubasa, who is hiding away. She points out Tsubasa's nervousness, causing her to blush. Kanade flicks her forehead and makes another comment about her seriousness. Soon after, Genjuro approaches them and begins to speak only to be interrupted by Kanade, waving her hand and telling him not to sweat it.
After Genjuro leaves, Kanade is seen stretching as she talks excitedly about the concert, however when she sees Tsubasa's nervous expression she stops and hugs the girl from behind. She makes another comment about her seriousness and comforts her. The two of them stand, taking each other's hands and get ready for their appearance on stage.
The concert begins and the two of them fly from the roof onto the stage while waving to the audience. They begin to dance and perform Gyakkō no Furyūgeru. However as they prepare to continue on to their second song (Orbital Beat), a large mass of Noise appears and begins attacking the audience. Even though there hasn't been an order Kanade jumps off the stage and activates her Gungnir. Summoning her Armed Gear she begins to destroy the Noise. with the use of her Stardust Foton she destroys many and Tsubasa joins her in battle. With the use of her Last Meteor she destroys another handful of Noise including one of the giant ones but as Kanade's Symphogear begins to run out of power, she is attacked by a Noise and shoved farther back.
She sees Hibiki fall and jumps in the way to save her. She tells Hibiki to run as she continues to fight the Noise. As the Noise mount their attacks Kanade's suit begins to fragment and one piece pierces Hibiki in the chest. Seeing this, she runs to Hibiki and tells her to open her eyes and not to accept death. As Hibiki opens her eyes, Kanade smiles and picks up her Armed Gear, raises it and sings her Zesshou, destroying all the Noise in the area and falling to the ground. Tsubasa holds her body as she turns to dust and is blown away.
In Episode 2 Tsubasa remembers Kanade telling her there was nothing to be afraid of as long as they were together.
In Episode 3 Kanade's death is finally seen. She is being held by Tsubasa, claiming she can no longer see her. Kanade then apologizes, as it would be their last time together and calls Tsubasa a cry baby as she closes her eyes and her body turns to dust and is blown away. Tsubasa tries to hug what is left and calls her name.
Episode 4 Reveals Kanade's past, 5 years ago when she was 14 Kanade is seen bound in a chair with Genjuro, Tsubasa, doctors, and agents watching her as she struggles against her bindings, cursing up a storm. Noise had attacked her and her family while they were on holiday and she is the only one alive that is potentially compatible with a relic. Kanade then (while still swearing) demands the power to fight the Noise and slaughter them as revenge for the death of her family. She expresses that she'll do whatever it takes to kill the Noise. As she finally stops talking Genjuro pats her head and hugs her, knowing what it will take to for her to become compatible with the Gungnir...
She is then seen being strapped down to a table as they inject her with LiNKER in order to make her compatible with Gungnir. As she breaks free of the binding she injects herself with more LiNKER, causing her compatibility to rise due to overdose. She then coughs up a pool of blood as the doctors try to keep her stable and alive, and then activates her Gungnir for the first time.
Later, she and Tsubasa are seen fighting and afterward lifting rubble to free some trapped soldiers, who told her that even though they were buried underneath all the rubble they could hear her song and it gave them hope. She is then seen running and training with Tsubasa, expressing how much she enjoys letting others hear her songs.
As Tsubasa is seen once again drowining in Episode 5 Kanade's spirit appears, still dressed in her concert clothes, and embraces her from behind. Kanade makes a chides Tsubasa for being too serious and tells her she might break if she is too stiff. Tsubasa begins to tell her of her training and battle and the two are seen sitting on the ground of the destroyed stadium from 2 years ago. She then begins to tell Tsubasa about her own thoughts on the battles and when asked she tells Tsubasa that it is something that she has to find out on her own. She tells Tsubasa that she is one who decides if Kinda is near or far from her as Tsubasa wakes up.
Kanade sneaks up behind Tsubasa, who hus as she fixes a motorcycle in Episode 9. She comments about Tsubasa's new license and teases her about singing outside of work and lightly flicks her forehead before leaving. Through out the episode Kanade's voice appears to Tsubasa and helps her along.
- Kanade's battle song genre is Jpop.
- Kanade uses English language for attacks.
- Her hairstyle has a shape of a feather.
- She was 14 when Noise killed her family.
- She was 17 when she died.
- She would be 21 years old if she was alive.
- She and her family were a part of a relic excavation team.
- Originally, Kanade was planned to be blonde.
- She appears to be double-jointed.
- Kanade shares the initials "A.K." with the other Gear user Kirika Akatsuki and secondary character Kuriyo Andō.
- Kanade is the second oldest user. The oldest user is Maria.
- Kanade was the strongest Symphogear user but time-limited.
- Kanade's weak point is her dependence on LiNKER.
- Kanade's strongest attack is Last∞Meteor. Kanade uses this attack to destroy thousands of Noise, including the giant ones easily, but only if LiNKER is at full effect.
- Last∞Meteor is a first-ranked attack.
- Kanade has a mother-like personality. When she is near Tsubasa she takes the role of a mother bird while Tsubasa is the chick.
- She and Hibiki have been compared to each other as a large bird and a tiny chick.
- Kanade, Maria and Miku are the only users whose activation songs finish in "zizzl”, which translates as lust or curse.
- Kanade made brief appearances in Season 2, Episodes 4, 7, 8 and 12 in flashbacks.
- Kanade uses Tsubasa's name (翼), which is translated as "wings", in her battle song.
- She is the only user whose first heard battle song does't have the name of her relic in it's title.
- The manga shows that Kanade has a tattoo of a wing on her back.
- Main article: Kanade Amou/Image gallery
- "だから――翼のやりたいことは、あたしが助けてやる…/That's why -- whatever Tsubasa wants to do, I shall help..." - Season 2, Episode 12
- 「生きるのを諦めるな！！」 / Don't EVER give up on living!!
|Hibiki Tachibana | Tsubasa Kazanari | Kanade Amou | Chris Yukine | Maria Cadenzavna Eve | Shirabe Tsukuyomi | Kirika Akatsuki | Serena Cadenzavna Eve | Miku Kohinata|